Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Living a more Disciplined Life.

This weekend I had the thought (or was it the Holy Spirit directing my thoughts?) that it is possible that the media: sports / social media / CNN / Drudge Report.... is filling my mind (and taking up my time) so completely that I am distracted from the real issues in the real lives around me.


So, here is my first public test.  I intend to live through the end of May on a drastic media diet.  I'll spend no more than 15 min a day reading anything media-related apart from work related items. Anytime I feel drawn to 'media', I'll use that time to pray or take some action that will fulfill Matthew 5:13-16 where Jesus states we should live in a way 'that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven'.


I'll try to post a short update at least weekly on my success / failures, but more often if I start to actually see results in my life because of these actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment